About The Office

Logo for the Office of the Delaware Alcoholic Beverage Controal Commissioner

The Delaware Office of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner (OABCC) is headed by Commissioner Jacqueline Paradee Mette, Esq., who was appointed by Gov. John Carney and confirmed by the Delaware Senate in 2021.

The Commissioner establishes rules and regulations to control the manufacture, importation, distribution, sale, and dispensing of alcohol in Delaware to protect public safety and the interests of consumers while not unduly restricting the alcoholic beverage industry.

The OABCC considers applications for liquor licenses and requests for modifications to licensed establishments, performs inspections and grants renewals of liquor licenses. The Commissioner is authorized to conduct public hearings on applications for liquor licenses when there is sufficient public interest in the application, or if the Commissioner believes a public hearing is warranted.

The Commissioner is also authorized to adjudicate violations brought by the Division of Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement against licensed establishments alleged to have violated the Delaware Liquor Control Act or the Commissioner’s Rules. Sanctions and penalties against licensed establishments that are found to be in violation of state law or regulations can include a reprimand, fine, suspension, or revocation of a license.


Email with inquiries or requests for information.
This inbox is monitored and an appropriate member of the OABCC team will reply promptly

Jacqueline Paradee Mette, Esq.

Doug Denison
Deputy Commissioner

Cynthia Mercer
Chief of Staff

Julie Gray
Strategic Planning Coordinator

Kimberly Cranmer
License Investigator
and Hearings Coordinator
Wilmington and New Castle County

Virginia Jackson
License Investigator
Kent and Sussex counties

Office of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Commissioner

Carvel State Building
820 North French Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801

Phone: (302) 577-5222 

If you have questions about Delaware liquor licenses, or have questions about your licensed business,
please email or telephone the office and we will be happy to assist you.